One of the most challenging aspects of managing a growing, thriving business is the recruitment and employment of qualified, high-performing team members. Casting your net through wants ads, website postings, word of mouth, and even in-house human resources professionals may result in a great job-to-candidate pairing, but there are at least as many instances of complete mismatches and missed opportunities as there are success stories. Even when a successful match is made, the amount of time spent finding and hiring is time intensive, particularly when the addition of a new employee is critical. Often the standard “two weeks” notice causes you to drop what you are working on to focus nearly exclusively on replacing the employee.
If you and your organization can’t expend the time, resources, and expertise needed to manage the employment process, there are many reasons to consider the use of an employment agency such as Colorado Network Staffing to support the fulfillment of your staffing needs:
- Qualified Applicants – When advertising for job openings through classifieds or website posts, you are casting a wide net and as a result will get numerous applicants who are not qualified or have decided to apply “just in case,” without real interest. As a result, your in-house staffing effort involves a great deal of sifting through applications, filtering out obvious mismatches, assessing those remaining, and ultimately deriving a list of possible matches. When you engage an employment agency, you will be presented with applicants who have been pre-screened for qualifications, interest, and availability – allowing you to focus on this pool and quickly decide on those worthy of further consideration.
- Market Knowledge – Employment agencies, such as Colorado Network Staffing, have a thorough knowledge of the talent pool in their markets. They have access to the best available candidates and insights into their salary expectations, career goals, job-specific skills, and availability. It is the business of an employment agency to maintain this high level of awareness, and when acting as your hiring partner, can afford you the benefits of this knowledge without placing time and resource burdens on your current employees.
- Time-Savings – The hiring process can be quite time-consuming, particularly in the initial stages of the process where you must plow through numerous applicants. Using an employment agency to come up with a concise list for your consideration will allow you to avoid the sorting, screening, initial interviewing and background, and reference and previous employment checks that so often result in wasted time and little results. The candidates supplied by an employment agency will have already gotten through all of those check-steps, allowing you to focus intently on the right person for the job.
- Extended Network – More often than not, the best candidates are not those that respond to a wide-net advertisement or website job posting. Many of the more qualified candidates have active relationships with recruiters and agencies and prefer to conduct their job search through these means. A good agency has its collective finger on the pulse of many networks and can put you in touch with candidates that you would otherwise never know existed.
- Expertise – An employment agency that understands your goals and your needs will make sure that candidates presented to you have been judged to be the best possible solutions to your staffing objectives. An astute employment agency knows that its reputation and potential for repeat business rests on its expertise and ability to deliver. An agency-recommended candidate will, therefore, have been judged by experts to be a good fit for your organization.
- Budget – Any good hire involves a number of up-front steps that must be completed before a new employee is brought on board. Pre-employment testing, background checks, and drug screening are not only time-consuming, they are also considerable expense items. When you contract with an employment agency to aid in your staffing, managing these steps is something that they are equipped and ready to handle, resulting in less expense to you in your hiring process.
Colorado Network Staffing (CNS) is a leader in staffing, staff augmentation, and contract management by acting as a sole human resource provider for our clients. Don’t waste your time, energy, and money on a bad hire. CNS has the experience, resources, and top-level management expertise to accomplish the tasks required on any size project. Contact us at 303-430-1441, and we’ll find you the best and brightest team.